Her face actually stands out better than this. I was going to make her winking, but I thought that that might be a bit much.
I don't really know why I made her, apart from that I liked her. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with her now. This pattern was lovely, very elegant with the shaping. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it called for aran yarn, and 3.25 needles. Which gave a very tight fabric, and since it was on such small needles, I gripped it very tight and I had to put it down every now and then to give my hands a rest so that they didn't get sore.
As for the title - well, I made all her pieces, and started putting her together. I seamed up her legs. I seamed up her body. I attatched the legs to the body. I went to attatch the arms to the body - and then I realised that I'd seamed up too much of the body, and there was nowhere to put the arms, which are supposed to be inserted into the body seam, as the ears are inserted into the head seam. I fudged it, but it took a couple of goes, and I was cross with myself for having not paid attention.
I also started on the hedgerow socks last night. I was whizzing along, about a half an inch deep, when I put it down to go to bed. This mornign I thought I would manage a row or two before I had to leave in the morning. That's when I realised. It's a 2 row repeat, not an every-second row repeat.
Yeah, my eyes are getting a good workout, what with all that attention I've been paying.
So, I frogged it (again!) This yarn is getting a good work out. Here's what it looks like now.
That's not quite true, I did cast on again while I was waiting for the bus this morning, and I have the regular Tuesday knitting date with my cousins tonight, although that might be too thinking a knitting project, since I'm not quite used to the stitch pattern yet (clearly).
It's really the only one I have that I can do, though. I've got my sister's jacket, but the circular needle for that is being used as one of two circular needles to do the thumb of a mitten, but since I don't have the other circular, I can't do that. Branching out is too thinky, too. I'm working on Cobblestone for my dad, but that is on hiatus. The circ I have for it has too defined a join, making it frustrating to work on. I went to order an addi for it, and... I ordered the wrong length. It's not the end of the world - it is a length that I need, but it's not the one I need now.
Doing. So. Well.
Maybe I'll make another bunny.