Thursday, November 09, 2006

Numero Uno

So, I've been sucked into the knitting blogs the last few days. Sucked in, I tells ya. It all started off innocently enough... it always does.

I was saw the latest Jo Sharpe pattern book in a newsagent. So of course I had to buy it. And while I was there, another $10 for Creative Knitting didn't seem like that much. (Ok, so I stood in the store reading it until I was sure there were at least 3 things I wanted to make in it. So sue me)

So then I found a bunch of stuff I wanted, and lots of it had websites, so I thought 'well, I'll just look'. Yes, I know. Foolish. 4 hours later, I have a sheaf of free patterns (but the materials aren't free, are they, noooo) a headache, and an invoice from the Wool Shack. Actually, the last bit I'm not so worried about. I'd been hanging around there waiting until my next pay for a week now, and I'm so excited to get my order in the mail, it's just pathetic. Also, I greatly enjoyed Emma's knitnbitch blog. She's the owner of the Wool Shack, and it's nice to know that your supplier is as addicted as you. Very reassuring. Was is worrying is the amount of knitting books in my shopping cart at Amazon... it's just a good thing I can't afford them.

So, to cut a long story short, I got very excited about all the pretty blogs, and decided to create one of my own. I'll try and keep it fairly regular, because I just can't take any more guilt, but we'll see. For now, I have to work out how to make it as pretty as possible, and put pictures of my small craftiness up.

No comments: