Wednesday, April 16, 2008

So, as I was saying...

So anyway, then I says to him, I says.... how long?!?

Apparently I fell off the edge of the world. But now I'm back! Oh, yes. Fur sure.

Only, I'm out of the habit, now. What do I say? Let's start with what's on my needles.

I'm knitting a BSJ (baby surprise jacket, for those not in the know) out of yarn that is quite pink. It's going a bit slow, since it's my first time knitting it, and while it is mindless in some ways, it is complex enough that I need to keep my eye on the ball. So to speak. I think I'm close though. I've stepped that one up, since the intended recipient will be ready for in in under a month, and I was hoping to ad a pair of booties or some other charming token to the mix.

I'm knitting another Cobblestone for my dearest papa, since the last onewas a tad snug. It's a good thing this is mindless enough for me to do without knowing that I'm even knitting, practically, since otherwise it might jus drive me MENTAL. (lord knows it's not a long trip). I'm about 5 inches away from the armpits.

It's slowed down, though, since I started on my Central Park Hoodie. This is what joy feels like, people. Every time I pick it up, I think 'well, I'll just knit until teh next cable row.' Then I get there and think 'hmmm... I can't really see that - I'll knit a few rows until I can see it emerge.' So I do. And THEN I think 'well, I'm, only four rows away from the end of the repeat. I'll knit to that.' And then I think 'in two more rows it's another cable row! I'll just knit to that...'

You can see where I'm going with this, can't you. I cast on exactly a week ago, and I'm about two inches away from the back armpit shaping.

Since I am most certainly not in the mood to wrangle with blogger, here is a link to my flickr stream. Annoying, I know, but there are some photos in there under the 'knits' set, and if you are of a mind, you can also check out all the different kinds of funny faces my sister can make. That ought to brighten your day. Or, if you're on ravelry, you can see me here. While you're there, you can also search for 'jo sharp wrap jacket' and a picture of my sister pops up. Gave me a shock the other day, I can tell you.

I have been reprimanded a couple times recently for my rabid queueing habits on ravelry. It got a bit obsessive, I'll grant you. I'd hunt for new exciting patterns, and queue with abandon. It gave me a rush. It filled in for knitting, which is frowned on during work hours. I got cranky when I couldn't find new patterns to queue. I would angrily scan people's queues, wailing and gnashing my teeth when I had ALREADY QUEUED every single pattern that they had. My friends got sick of waking up to a long list of 'kaviare has queued.... kaviare has queued...' They staged an intervention. I'm feeling better now.

In all seriousness, though. I think I've run out. I have five pages of queue. That's 186 items. Every one of which I am burning to knit. You don't believe me? I've had several purges. It's a refined list. When do I think I have time to knit that, or money to buy the yarn? Clearly I'm delusional.

Thankyou, Jess and Casey. You are the best enablers EVER.

2 comments:

Yarnsticksbooks said...

Reprimanded? Nooooooooo never.

Just begged to slow down a little so the rest of us can catch up a little:P

Please tell me I am not the only one who gets a chuckle from your obsessive queing habits.

I am so glad you are feeling the CPH love. The cables really suck you in and somehow they look even better the more twists you add.

I added an extra cable to the length, even on Bianca's, so you may want to check the length and decide how you want it to fit.

I also grafted the hood closed cause I couldn't stand the way the hood looked with that huge seam.

Andrea said...

I moved most of my "I really want to make this NOW!!!" patterns into my favourites list, and my queue is now made up of only the patterns I actually have yarn for - I'm trying to scale back my stash before we move overseas in September.

My best friends has 150 queued up, and refuses to cull, so don't stress too much.

*wanders off to browse kaviare's queue...*